Milaca
Area
Historical
Society
Login  |  Register  |  Search

Milaca Public Schools

The first two pictures are Normal School classes from 1901 and 1915.  Milaca Normal school trained country school teachers up to 1935.  Women and men, 18-19 years old, were trained in a year long course. Local school boards hired them as needed.  After the Depression and WWII the teachers were trained at Teacher's Colleges like the one in St Cloud.
 
The next set of pictures tell the history of the Milaca Public School building from 1901 to 1955, including the 1915 fire which destroyed the school building.  Students were scattered throughout the community until a new building was built.  The 1910 Bird's Eye view of Milaca includes the Milaca Public School building.

The third set includes Milaca High School teams:
1904 and 1914 girls' basketball,
1908 Girls Glee Club, 
1907 boys football and 1910 boys' baseball teams, and the 1966 Milaca High School Marching Band.
1901 MHS Normal School for teachers.
1915 MHS Normal School for Teachers
1901 Milaca High School Building
1907 MHS Building
1909 MHS Building
1910 Bird's Eye View of Milaca, MN
1912 MHS Building
1915 MHS on Fire
1915 MHS Rubble After Fire
1915 MHS Shell After Fire
1916 MHS Building
1919 MHS Building
1946 MHS Building
Milaca High School Building
Milaca High School Building
1904 Girls Basketball the Calithumpians
1908 Girls Glee Club
1914 Girls Basketball
1907 Boys Football
1910 Ball Club
1966 Marching Band

Preserving the history of Milaca and the surrounding area

Milaca Area Historical Society

powered by Doodlekit™ Free Website Creator